FAQ | The Cardinal at West Center
Do you allow pets?
- Yes! The Cardinal is now pet-friendly! There is a one-time fee of $300 and monthly pet rent of $30. Please call our office to learn more about our pet policy!
Is renter’s insurance required?
- Yes, our community requires each resident to carry an active tenant liability policy for damage to the landlord’s property during the term of their lease. We require a minimum of $100,000 in general liability coverage. We also recommend residents purchase content coverage (also known as personal property insurance) to cover your personal belongings.
Past Resident Portal
- If you are a past resident, please use Prospect Portal to be redirected to our payment portal for past residents.
What does LEED-certified mean?
- LEED, or Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design, is a green building certification program that recognizes best-in-class building strategies and practices.
- The Cardinal was conceived and built to capitalize on new sustainable design, technologies, and construction processes in order to minimize environmental impact.
- As a company, we feel a responsibility to preserve and protect our environment through thoughtful design and construction. The Cardinal’s designation as a Gold Level - LEED-certified building is a testament to that effort.
What does the furniture package include?
- Common areas are furnished with bar stools, coffee table, end table, sofa and/or loveseat. The living room furniture package varies by floor plan size. Your bedroom will have a standard full-sized bed with a headboard and mattress, desk, chair, and dresser.
Are utilities included?
- Yes, The Cardinal at West Center is all-inclusive. We include high-speed internet, an electric allowance (which varies by floor plan) as well as water, sewer, pest control, trash collection, and recycling. Don’t forget your apartment is also fully furnished!
What is an individual lease?
- When you sign an individual lease, you are only responsible for your rent; in other words, you have no liability for the rent of the other apartment residents. If your roommate transfers or graduates, you have no responsibility for their financial obligations. This is a significant advantage over the joint and several leases (where each resident is liable for the rent of all residents in the unit) which are often used at rental houses and other apartment properties in the area.
Do I need a lease guarantor?
- Yes, we screen all of our applicants and require a guarantor or additional security deposit on all leases. The security deposit varies by floor plan. You can call our office and ask a leasing specialist more about our screening process.
How can I pay my rent / can I pay my rent online?
- Rent is due on the first of every month and can be paid in the office with a check or money order. If you prefer to pay with a credit or debit card, you can set up one-time or recurring payments through Resident Portal.
When is rent due?
- Rent and parking installments are due on the 1st of every month. A $35 late fee will be applied to all unpaid charges after the 4th of the month. An additional $5/day late fee will be applied for every day thereafter, not to exceed $150/mo.
Is smoking permitted?
- No, smoking is not allowed in the apartment, on the balcony, and/or anywhere on the property. We strive to provide a healthy, smoke-free environment for all residents.
Do you include parking?
- The Cardinal at West Center offers residents access to off-street parking in a private, controlled-access garage. Rooftop parking spaces are an additional $45/month charge and covered garage parking is an additional $50/month. Parking spaces are assigned.