Information for Parents
WHAT DOES LEED CERTIFIED MEAN?
- LEED, or Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design, is a green building certification program that recognizes best-in-class building strategies and practices. The Cardinal at West Center is a GOLD Level LEED Certified building.
WHAT DOES THE FURNITURE PACKAGE INCLUDE?
- Common areas are furnished with bar stools, coffee table, end table, sofa and/or loveseat. The living room furniture package varies by floor plan size. Your bedroom will have a standard full-sized bed with headboard and mattress, desk, chair, and dresser.
DO YOU ALLOW PETS?
- Unfortunately, The Cardinal at West Center is not a pet-friendly community.
DO YOU INCLUDE PARKING?
- The Cardinal at West Center offers residents access to off-street parking in a private, controlled-access garage. Parking is an additional monthly charge you can pay with your rent. Parking spaces are assigned and we have special permits for oversized vehicles.
ARE UTILITIES INCLUDED?
- Yes, The Cardinal at West Center is all-inclusive. We include high speed internet and expanded cable (with the SEC network!). We also include an electric allowance (which varies by floor plan) as well as water, sewer, pest control, trash collection and recycling. Don’t forget your apartment is also fully furnished!
WHAT IS AN INDIVIDUAL LEASE?
- When you sign an individual lease, you are only responsible for your rent; in other words, you have no liability for the rent of the other apartment residents. If your roommate transfers or graduates, you have nothing to worry about! That is a significant advantage over the joint and several leases used at rental houses and other apartment properties where each resident is liable for the rent of all residents in the unit.
DO I NEED A LEASE GUARANTOR?
- Yes, we screen all of our applicants and require a guarantor or additional security deposit on all leases. The security deposit varies by floor plan. You can call our office and ask a leasing specialist more about our screening process.
CAN I PAY MY RENT ONLINE?
- Yes. You can access the Resident Portal via the tab labeled Current Residents on the left hand side of this page or by clicking here.
WHEN IS RENT DUE?
- Rent and parking installments are due on the 1st of every month. A $35 late fee will be applied to all unpaid charges after the 4th of the month. An additional $5/day late fee will be applied for every day thereafter, not to exceed $150/mo.
IS SMOKING PERMITTED?
- No, smoking is not allowed in the apartment, on the balcony and/or anywhere on the property. We strive to provide a healthy, smoke-free environment for all residents.
IS RENTER'S INSURANCE REQUIRED?
- Yes, our community requires each resident carry an active tenant liability policy for damage to the landlord’s property during the term of their lease. We require a minimum of $100,000 in general liability coverage and also recommend contents coverage, or personal property insurance. To facilitate this process for you, we have partnered with a national insurance provider who specializes in renters insurance coverage - ePremium Insurance. ePremium has made their ePremiumRENTERS™ plan available to all residents at a preferred rate, which not only satisfies the lease requirement, but also includes contents coverage.
- To obtain a policy with ePremium, you can complete the process online or over the phone in less than 5 minutes! Enroll in ePremium Renters Insurance Online or call (800) 319-1390.
- Please note that you are under no obligation to enroll in coverage with ePremium. You may satisfy the lease requirement by obtaining a personal renters insurance or liability insurance policy of your choice and providing proof of coverage for the duration of your lease.
- To submit proof of liability insurance from another provider, please click here to provide the requested policy information and to upload a copy of your Declaration Page.
Past Resident Portal
- If you are a past resident, please click here to be redirected to our payment portal for past residents.